Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Praise Him for the Bad Things - {Day One}

Today I praise Him for the bad things that have happened in my life!

I know that statement may sound a little far-fetched! A little unbelievable perhaps? Well, believe me when I say this, I don't always praise Him while I'm going through trials! I know firsthand how difficult it is to praise Him while the walls are caving in, when sickness and disease are around, when the death of a loved one occurs, even when the little ones are driving you bonkers! At those times in life the very last thing you want to do is stop and praise Him. I get it! Believe me... I really do get it!

However, looking back through the 42 years of my life, and ALL that I have been through, I praise Him for the bad times! I praise and thank Him for each and every time He has picked me up from the deepest depths and carried me! I praise Him for calming every fear that has overtaken me! I praise Him for every bad thing that has ever happened in my life! Why? Because He Is always there for me! Even when it feel like He is nowhere to be found - He is there! Every struggle, every tear, every time I shake my fist and curse Him - He never leaves me!


Do I praise Him for my infertility issues? Yes! Because through that experience I drew closer to Him. I spent many hours praying, begging, and pleading for just ONE child. Do you know what happened? I have a beautiful son! And through that experience learned that He is faithful and true!

Do I praise Him for the anxiety and fears that have overtaken my life at times? You betcha! When I am at the peak of my anxiety and fear that is when I call on Him to help me! Do you know that He does? If I stop, He calms me!

Do I praise Him for the depression that crippled my adolescent years? Yes I do! Why? Because during those times I learned to lean on Him. He picked me up, dusted me off, and set me on my way!

Do I praise Him for the breast biopsy and cancer scare I had? Yes I do! Why? Because during that time of my life He proved to me that He is the GREAT PHYSICIAN and healed my body!

Its not easy to stop and praise Him when you are riding the storm out, but if you look back through your life (and the bad times that you have had), praise Him for delivering you! Praise Him for being faithful and true! For never leaving you or forsaking you! Praise Him for sticking closer than a brother!



I'm sharing this at:  Works-For-Me Wednesday - Tuesday Link-up - Thoughtful Thursday -



No comments:

Post a Comment