Saturday, February 2, 2013

Afraid - {Five Minute Friday}

It is time for Five Minute Friday. This is a writing exercise every Friday with a lot of great bloggers participating!

This week's prompt is: Afraid

Ready? Set! Go...


There are many times when I'm afraid and overcome with fear. What do I do when I'm afraid? That is a very good question. I'm not sure how to answer that, I guess it depends on the situation.

When I am afraid and my body is trembling in fear, I know that I should not give in to it, but sometimes I cave! I know that "greater is He that is in me than He that is in the world." I know the scripture that says to "fear not for I am with you." I repeat these verses and many more over and over to help the fear subside when I am afraid. Sometimes they work, sometimes they do not.

I know what I NEED to do to not be afraid, but there are times when it just does NOT happen. Some fears are easier and some are not. If there is a bug on me and I'm afraid and my heart starts racing do I do what I KNOW is the right thing? Do I do what I know I need to do? Usually not, I jump up, heart racing, run, and scream.




1 comment:

  1. This is my first '5 minute friday'!

    Yes, greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world! And you're right, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't even though we know what we are supposed to do. Just gotta hold onto that promise.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete