Friday, February 1, 2013

Praise Him for His Still Small Voice {Day Three}

How do you know when God is talking to you? Is it loud? Is it audible? For me, it is not! It is in the quiet and calm when I hear Him the most!

What is prompting this post? Last night while watching a popular television show I saw a woman auditioning for a "singing" competition - you may know which show I am referring to. Anyways, I was bothered by the way that they portrayed this woman and how she "heard from God." They portrayed Him speaking to her as a mighty rush of wind, repetitive sayings, a great beam of light from heaven, and angels humming.

I'm sorry, but MY GOD does not speak to me like that! I have felt His presence, seen Him working, and felt Him prodding me to do something and it was never like that! He speaks to me in the quiet and stillness! There are no beams of light, no mighty rushes of wind, nor are there angels singing! Now, don't get me wrong, there are instances like this throughout the Bible. I, however, have yet to experience this!

How do I know when He is speaking? I do not necessarily "hear" Him speak in an audible voice. I just feel it! It is kind of like "feeling" something is wrong. Or feeling like you should do something. There are no words - you just know it is Him!

I believe if you are still and quiet, you can hear Him. He will speak to you if you listen.

Read with me I Kings 19:11-12:
11 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the Lord. And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake:
12 And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a STILL SMALL VOICE.

Today, I praise Him for His still small voice!

~Melissa~






No comments:

Post a Comment